Skip to content
Scroll to Top
Eleven Goals of the 2015 Vermont Platform
- Promote awareness that suicide is a public health problem.
- Build sustainable and integrated infrastructure in Vermont for mental health promotion, suicide prevention, intervention and postvention.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote positive public attitudes toward being socially and emotionally healthy.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs that promote social and emotional wellness.
- Promote efforts to reduce access to lethal means among people at risk of suicide.
- Provide training to community members and professionals on how to recognize suicide related behaviors and how to intervene.
- Promote suicide prevention, screening, intervention, and treatment as core components of health care services with effective clinical and professional practices.
- Improve coordination and accessibility to mental health and substance abuse services.
- Promote responsible reporting and accurate portrayals of suicidal behavior, mental conditions and substance abuse in the media
- Improve and expand surveillance systems in order to: 1) monitor trends and profiles of at-risk population, 2) assess the impact of existing policies and programs, and 3) inform the development of future efforts.
- Provide care and support to individuals affected by suicide deaths and attempts.