The Vermont Suicide Prevention Center, American Foundation of Suicide Prevention, Vermont Department of Health, and Vermont Department of Mental Health collaborated and created a Survivors of Suicide Vermont Resource Packet which includes local and national resources, including local support groups. The packets have been distributed to local funeral homes. Links to the documents included in the resources packet can be found below.
Visit the Vermont Suicide Prevention Center’s Prevention Platform to learn more about care and support for those affected by suicide.
CLICK ON LINKS BELOW TO ACCESS DOCUMENTS IN THE RESOURCE PACKET:
- Resources for Survivors
- Mental Health Agency Crisis Line Numbers by Region (PDF)
- Mental Health Agency Crisis Line Numbers by Region (Website)
- Vermont Mental Health and Grief Support Resources by Region (PDF)
- Survivors of Suicide (SOS) Support Groups in Vermont 2020
- Survivors of Suicide Vermont Resource Packet
- Self Care Tips after a Suicide Loss
- Letter to Families Suffering a Loss
- Vermont HELP Postcard
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Vermont support programs (Website) Brochure (PDF)
- The One You Love has Died