Upcoming Training and Events
Suicide Prevention Advocacy DayLegislative Engagement
Hosted by Vermont Suicide Prevention Coalition
Virtual Event — Monday, February 28
- 9 – 9:45 AM — Decreasing Suicide as Part of a Public Health Approach
- 10 – 10:45 AM — Barriers to Mental Health Care from Those with Lived Experience
The sessions are open for legislators and anyone who wishes to learn more about best practices for suicide prevention.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Decreasing Suicide as Part of a Public Health Approach
- Suicide as a Public Health Issue
- The Critical Role of Mental Health Workforce in Suicide Prevention
- Why Means Reduction Strategies Matter
- The Importance of Lifelines and 988
- Barriers to Mental Health Care from Those with Lived Experience
- This session will highlight the voices of Vermonters with lived experience, focusing on the importance of reducing barriers to care to help prevent suicide.
If you are looking for an event that is not listed, please call us at 802-254-6590 or email us at: Info@HealthandLearning.org. Together we can make Zero Suicide a reality.