- This event has passed.
VT Suicide Prevention Day at the State House
February 13 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Join us for VT Suicide Prevention Day at the State House on February 13th from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm.
A long time in the making, we have a chance this session to ask the legislature to support a set of specific recommendations developed by AHS with funding targets to implement suicide prevention strategies in Vermont.
We will be advocating for legislative approval and support of the strategies and funding recommendations.
Who Should Attend?
Vermont Suicide Prevention Coalition members, AFSP Advocates and other stakeholders in suicide prevention in Vermont are invited to attend all or part of the day.
Schedule of Events
8:30 AM – 9:45 AM • Stakeholder Education Training by AFSP: Talking to Your Legislator, Steeple Room, Capitol Plaza Hotel
10:00 AM • Press Conference, Cedar Creek Room, Statehouse
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM • Testimony in Committees
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM • Meet with Legislators over Lunch. Set up a lunchtime meeting with your Legislator. VTSPC will provide you with talking points, stats, etc. for your meeting. Lunch provided by AFSP. Find your Local Legislator HERE
12:45 PM – 1:00 PM • Hand Flowers to Those Entering Chamber in Remembrance of Vermonters Lost to Suicide
1:00 PM • Reading of Resolution in Chamber
2:00 PM • Conclude
- Center for Health and Learning (CHL) / Vermont Suicide Prevention Center (VTSPC)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
- Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DAIL)
- Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- SASH (Support And Services at Home)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at White River Junction
- Vermont Program for Quality in Health Care, Inc (VPQHC)
- Vermont Department of Health,
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Vermont (NAMI Vermont)
- Vermont Care Partners