- This event has passed.
SPRC Webinar: Creating a Stronger Data Infrastructure for Suicide Prevention
February 25 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Date/Time: February 25, 2020, 3–4 p.m. ET
Registration Link: https://go.edc.org/data-infrastructure-suicide-prevention
About this Webinar: Are you a state leader or epidemiologist tasked with advancing suicide prevention planning? Join the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) on February 25 from 3 to 4 p.m. for a webinar focused on our new Data Infrastructure: Recommendations for State Suicide Prevention, a supplement to the Recommendations for State Suicide Prevention Infrastructure. Participants will learn six concrete recommendations for creating infrastructure that supports data-driven decision-making in suicide prevention:
- Establishing core leadership positions and leadership buy-in for building data infrastructure to support suicide prevention
- Creating partnerships, coalitions, and/or prevention centers to support data infrastructure
- Building or enhancing a system for identifying data sources and sharing data
- Building or enhancing a system for analyzing data
- Building or enhancing a system for using data
- Collecting, analyzing, and using data from state systems
Presenters from Colorado and Texas will also share examples of how the recommendations have been applied in their states, and participants will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Kristen Quinlan, PhD, Lead Epidemiologist, Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Kirk Bol, MSPH, Manager of the Vital Statistics Program, Department of Public Health and the Environment, Colorado
- Jenna Heise, MA, NCC, BC-DMT, State Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Behavioral Health Services Section, Medical and Social Services Division, Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Learn more about the Recommendations for State Suicide Prevention Infrastructure or sign up for a special mailing list to stay up to date as related tools and content are released.