QPR Gatekeeper training
July 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Gatekeeper suicide awareness and prevention training is being offered by Northeast Kingdom Human Services, Inc. at their 181 Crawford Road, Derby location Tuesday, July 16th from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. Registrations should be received by 9:00 a.m. Friday, July 12th by contacting Ruth Marquette at RMarquette@nkhs.net or 802-334-7451 ext. 2140. A $5.00 per person materials fee will be collected at the training.
QPR Gatekeeper Training is offered to people of any age to raise awareness, dispel myths and misconceptions, and teach three skills that can help save a life. A QPR Gatekeeper will learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide, know how to offer hope, know how to get help and save a life.
90 minute to 2 hour training agenda:
- Complete the Pre-Training survey
- Watch the introductory About Suicide video
- Time for questions and participant areas of interest
- Watch the Introduction to QPR video
- Time for participants’ reactions, questions and answers to the video, and share Vermont statistics
- Distribute the QPR booklets participants will take with them along with other handouts such as crisis contact numbers
- Show Learn QPR PowerPoint slides – specific slides are available according to the appropriate audience for students, farmers, late life suicide, and faith-based
- Review common myths and misconceptions about suicide, share information about warning signs of suicidal behavior
- Time is allowed for questions, comments, reactions to the QPR concepts and skills at any time during this training
- Complete the Post-Training survey
- Certified QPR Trainers are available after the formal training to talk with participants
- Participants receive a Certificate of Completion as QPR Gatekeepers.
Talking about suicide will not encourage suicide and may be the only thing that will prevent it. Simply offering hope along with social and spiritual support can avert a suicide attempt entirely. “Quality education empowers all people, regardless of their background, to make a positive difference in the life of someone they know.”
Ask a question – Save a life.
802-334-7451 ext. 2140