- This event has passed.
QPR Gatekeeper Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training – Oct 21
October 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Offered by Northeast Kingdom Human Services, Inc. (NKHS)
Q = Question P = Persuade R = Refer
QPR Gatekeeper Training is offered to people of any age to raise awareness,
dispel myths and misconceptions, and teach three skills that can help save a life. A QPR Gatekeeper will learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide, know how to offer hope, know how to get help and save a life.
90 minute to 2 hour training agenda:
- Complete the Pre-Training survey
- Watch the introductory About Suicide video
- Time for questions and other participant areas of interest
- Watch the Introduction to QPR video
- Time for participants’ reactions, questions and answers to the video, and share Vermont statistics
- Distribute the QPR booklets participants will take with them along with other handouts such as
- crisis contact numbers
- Show Learn QPR PowerPoint slides – specific slides are available according to the appropriate
- audience for students, farmers, late life suicide, and faith-based
- Review common myths and misconceptions about suicide, share information about warning signs of
- suicidal behavior
- Time is allowed for questions, comments, reactions to the QPR concepts and skills at any time
- during this training
NKHS Certified trainers share:
- The difference between myth and fact
- How to Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR)
- Suicide prevention contact numbers
- How to ask a question to save a life
“Awareness seems to be the key word here. I think this training gives the per-mission to ask the question and asking the question could make all the difference.”
“Great training! Education is the key. Thank you!”
Contact Ruth Marquette or Terri Lavely to register at least five days prior to the training.
Registration is limited to the first five to 15 participants. A fee of $5.00 from each participant will be collected at the training to cover the cost of materials.