Suicide Prevention Advocacy Day Legislative Engagement
Hosted by Vermont Suicide Prevention Coalition
Virtual Event — Monday, February 28
The sessions are open for legislators and anyone who wishes to learn more about best practices for suicide prevention.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Decreasing Suicide as Part of a Public Health Approach
- Suicide as a Public Health Issue
- The Critical Role of Mental Health Workforce in Suicide Prevention
- Why Means Reduction Strategies Matter
- The Importance of Lifelines and 988
- Barriers to Mental Health Care from Those with Lived Experience
- This session will highlight the voices of Vermonters with lived experience, focusing on the importance of reducing barriers to care to help prevent suicide.
Our mission is to create communities of hope throughout Vermont in which schools, agencies and people of all ages are given the knowledge, attitudes, skills and resources to respond effectively to suicidal behavior.
VERMONT SUICIDE PREVENTION PLATFORM, 3RD EDITION
The Center for Health and Learning (CHL) and the Vermont Suicide Prevention Center (VTSPC), with funding from the Vermont Department of Mental Health, and in association with the Vermont Department of Health, 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), Vermont Program for Quality in Healthcare, Inc. (VPQHC), United Way of Northwest Vermont, Moms Demand Action, Vermont Afterschool, Vermont Care Partners issued the 3rd edition of the Vermont Suicide Prevention Platform in August 2023. This document is a comprehensive guide to suicide prevention in the state of Vermont.
HELP, HOPE & HEALING FOR ALL
Thank you to our sponsors.
The Symposium is dedicated to creating vibrant communities in Vermont via shared learning around research, evidence-based practices, lived experience, and promoting innovative strategies for suicide prevention.
The VT Suicide Prevention Coalition (VTSPC) and the Center for Health and Learning engage Vermont State Legislators annually. The goal of these engagements is to increase understanding about needs and recommended strategies.